Comparative Research on Cross-Cultural Families
Please follow the instructions and fill the form based on the article
I have chosen one of the articles, please see it if it satisfy the requirement that the assignment need. otherwise, choose anther one that satisfy the requirement.
please, include the reference
Assignment 2: Comparative Research on Cross-Cultural Families
Students will choose a cross-cultural* research article from a Family Studies journal (only choose from Family Relations, Journal of Marriage and Family, or Journal of Comparative Family Studies) other than from what is already an assigned reading for this course. All these journals are available in the www.wmich.edu/library. Know how to use this resource.
Based on that article, students will complete the Comparative Research on Cross-Cultural Families Form below.
*Note: Cross-cultural research articles are papers that have participants who are from different cultural backgrounds, have a methodology part, and have results and discussion sections. Please take note that the article that you choose should be comparative, meaning it compares the samples or participants with culture as a factor.
Your Name: ___________________________________________________
In answering the questions below, do not lift words or copy exactly the sentences in the article. PARAPHRASE or use your own words to summarize the ideas from the article.
1. Reference or bibliographic entry of your selected article in APA style (see example in the first assignment guidelines):
2. What are the aims and/or research questions of the study?
3. What concepts or ideas did the authors want to study? How were they defined in the study? Read through the literature background or the introduction part.
4. Describe the participants of the study. Since you are supposed to choose an article of a cross-cultural study on families, the participants for this study should have different cultural backgrounds. What are these cultural backgrounds? What are the demographics of the participants?
5. What is the authors’ methodology? How did the authors collect their data? What are the measurements or research tools that they used?
6. What kind of analytical procedures did the authors use? Describe each as to how they can answer the research questions or achieve the aims of the study.
7. What are their general findings and conclusions?
8. After the findings and conclusions, what recommendations were made by the researchers?
9. What learning did you gain from this assignment or from reading this kind of a paper?
1. Complete answers to each of the 9 questions (7 pts each) = 63
2. Writing quality (spelling, grammar, sentence construction, etc.) = 7
TOTAL: 70 Points