Critically Discuss Bank Regulation subject to Basel III (or the Third Basel Accord), in relation to delays in its implementation.
Please develop research questions and working hypotheses based on theoretical and empirical research. The length of the coursework should between 2,500 words.
Reports are expected to demonstrate:
• Evidence of extensive research of the literature (including both academic literature and reports/bulletins by investment banks and international financial organisations);
• High standards of analysis and critical evaluation.
• Relevance and comprehensiveness of the content
• Professional standards of structure, organisation and presentation.
• Appropriate use of statistical material, tables, graphs, footnotes and references (including a full referencing list of all sources used).
Assessment Criteria for Coursework
GRADE AWARDED Excellent
70+ Good 60-69 Satisfactory 50-59 Poor (Fail)
Introduction, interpretation of title, motivation and broader context.
Coverage of the topic: Breadth
Focus or relevance
Relevant conclusions related to the subject of the essay
logical and coherent
Appropriate use of diagrams
Accuracy of diagrams
Explanation of diagrams
Critical analysis, including critical self-assessment
Evidence of understanding
Insight and originality
Depth of knowledge
Appropriate use of sources
Evidence of use of a variety of sources
Appropriate referencing of sources or claims in the main text
Full referencing of sources listed at the end of the coursework
Clarity of expression
Grammar and syntax
Overall standard of presentation
PLAGIARISM is an offence and carries penalties in accordance with University regulations.
The assessment criteria are summarised and indicated below
• Content: accuracy, relevance, focus and coverage
• Research: demonstration of independent reading that includes scholarly journal articles and use of a range of sources / references
• Construction of argument: integration and coherence of structure
• Quality of argument: evidence of understanding, judgement, analysis, originality, logic and synthesis
• Quality of presentation: clarity and effectiveness
It shall be the responsibility of students to ensure that the work they submit for assessment is entirely their own, and that they observe all Regulations, Procedures and instructions governing assessments
You are expected to make full use of all academic sources including books, periodicals and journal articles. Examples of other sources of information include the bank interim and annual reports and financial databases.
The deadline for the submission of the coursework should be strictly adhered to. Learning to work to deadlines is part of the educational process and a preparation for many careers. Failure to submit the course work by the specified date may result in no marks being awarded for that piece of work.