Don’t use your book or the internet. Just use the information you have learned so far. Because there is so much that we have covered in such a short period, we will be looking at major themes as a way to guide us.
Write at least two solid pages for each question.
1. Freedom. How was this theme of freedom prevalent in US history through the Civil War? What were some events or wars/incidents which played out around this theme of freedom? Was freedom always accesible to all people in the US or were there some who were excluded? How did they deal with this exclusion?
2. Women. What struggles did women face and how did they overcome them in the period which we have covered from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War?
3. Religion. How has religion shaped US society and culture from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War?
4. Expansion. How has expansion shaped US society and culture from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War? (expansion = the move West and taking up more and more land)
5. Government. How have definitions of the role of government in the lives of citizens been transformed and shaped in the period from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War? What were the major points of struggle on this issue?