For this project, you will analyze a leadership context and design a leadership development plan around it. You will identify essential leadership skills and design a program that will target these skills. You will deliver a proposal, comparable to what a consultant would create for a client, detailing the specific methods by which you would develop these leaders.
WRITE A PAPTER THAT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS
I. Leadership Context
II. Leadership Skills
III. Leadership Development Plan
a. Learning Objectives
c. Key Content, Exercises, and Activities d. Evaluation
FOLLOW THE STEP TO COMPLETE THE PAPER
Part I: Leadership Context (2 pages)
1. Choose and describe a specific context and a leadership role within that context. For example, you could choose a well-known company and its CEO or a manager in that company, or you might choose a particular government agency and a leadership title within that agency. Once you have chosen a particular leadership role within a company,
agency, or other organization, you should provide some background on the company itself, its vision, and its organizational structure, as well as details regarding the title of the leadership role and his or her general duties and area of control.
2. Describe any relevant issues related to leadership effectiveness, ethical leadership, and the leader’s ability to perform well in the specific environment of his or her organization.
These issues should apply to any particular person who took the role because they are issues related to the company or organization and not the particular individual.
PART II: LEADERSHIP SKILLS 3 PAGES
1. Identify 3-5 leadership skills that would be essential for the particular leader you selected and explain why each of these skills is necessary for that leadership position within the organization you selected.
PART III: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT 3-4 PAGES
Now you will create a leadership development plan based upon your findings from the previous sections. Participants in your program would include new employees entering that
1. State 3-5 objectives that your leadership development program aims to achieve and how the program will achieve them. (E.g., leaders should be able to create a vision statement after completing this, etc.)
2. Determine two appropriate methods for developing each of the leadership skills you identified in step 3. You identified 3-5 leadership skills in step 3, so you must identify 6- 10 methods for leadership development. Examples of methods include lectures, coaching, training exercises or activities, mentoring, on-the-job training, etc. Describe how and why each of these methods will contribute to the development of each of the associated leadership skills.
3. Explain how you would evaluate the success of those who participated in your leadership development plan.
PART IV: SUMMARY 1 PAGE
1. Briefly summarize how your leadership development plan specifically prepares incoming employees in the selected leadership position for their role.
2. As part of your leadership plan, explain how you would take into account the traits and strengths that incoming leaders bring with them. How would you tailor your plan for your specific audience? What traits and strengths may make your leadership development plan more or less effective? Explain how the modifications you would make for individual traits and strengths will help individuals succeed.
A TITILE PAGE IS NOT REQUIRED
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PLAN=90%
Describe a specific context and leadership role, including background, vision, and organizational structure
OUSTANDING= 12 POINTS
Description of context and leadership role is complete and thoroughly addresses background, vision, and organizational structure with exceptional detail
Describe context-dependent issues that will impact leadership effectiveness, ethical leadership, and the leader’s ability to perform
Identification of context-dependent issues that will impact leadership effectiveness, ethical leadership, and the leader’s ability to perform is thorough and includes robust supporting details
dentify 3-5 leadership skills required for the selected leadership position and explain why each is necessary for that leadership position
Identification of 3-5 leadership skills is thorough and uses robust supporting details to explain why each is necessary for that leadership position
EVALUATION ITEM= 15 POINTS
Identify and explain 3-5 objectives that the leadership development program aims to achieve and explain how it will achieve these objectives
dentification of 3-5 objectives is complete and thoroughly explains how it will achieve these objectives with robust and specific supporting details
Determine two appropriate methods for developing each leadership skill described above, including how and why these will contribute to the development of each skill
Two methods for developing each identified leadership skill are complete and there is a thorough discussion of how and why these will contribute to the development of each skill that includes robust and specific supporting details
Explain how to evaluate the success of participants in the proposed leadership development plan
Explanation of how to evaluate the success of participants is thorough and includes robust and specific supporting detail
Explain how to tailor the leadership development plan to individual leaders and what modifications would be necessary to meet an individual’s traits and strengths
Explanation of how to tailor the leadership development plan to individual leaders is complete and thoroughly addresses necessary modifications using robust and specific supporting details
WRITTING AND MECHANICS=10%
There are no detectable writing convention errors
ITEM EVALUATION = 5 POINTS
APA FORMAT AND REFERENCING
The source citations follow APA formatting guidelines with no detectable errors