• 6-2 Scenario Analysis: Vacation Time
The vice-president of administration at your company wonders whether employees are taking adequate amounts of vacation time. Employee burnout is a concern. Research suggests that an employee taking less than 1.4 weeks of vacation annually is very likely to experience burnout. You are asked to analyze the employee vacation data and conduct a hypothesis test with the following results:
t = 2.93
p = 0.0084
1. What factors should the vice-president consider in determining the presence of employee burnout?
2. Do employees take more than 1.4 weeks of vacation?
3. What reasons should the vice-president provide to the president to justify the recommendation on employee burnout?
4. Based on the data, is the presence of employee burnout an issue that may negatively impact the company?
For additional details, please refer to the Scenario Analysis Guidelines and Rubric document in the Assignment Guidelines and Rubrics section of the course.