Write a 2500 word long position paper in preparation for a UN conference to stop the practice of ‘starvation by siege’ in Syria in the perspective of Russia
The position paper must contain this structure:
• Organise and outline your viewpoint on an issue
• Formally inform others of your position as a foundation to build resolution to difficult problems
• Present a unique, though biased, solution or a unique approach to solving a problem
• Frame (‘framing’) the discussion in order to define the “playing field.”
This can put you in an advantageous position with those who may not be so well prepared as regards the issues behind their positions
• Establish your credibility
Here you are demonstrating that you have a command of the issues and the research behind them, and can present them clearly
• Demonstrate the force of your argument rather than in the use of emotional terms
• Guide you in being consistent in maintaining your position in negotiation
All sources used must be journal articles and books, fully referencing with page numbers in-text.
The position paper must bare in mind that the following countries shall be in the conference:
This conference is a remodel of the United Nations Security Council Press Release/Meeting Coverage on 15 January 2016:
Starvation by Siege Now ‘Systematic’ in Syria, Assistant Secretary-General Tells Security Council, amid Warnings that Tactic Could Be War Crime.
Therefore must be a position paper based on this conference.