1. Students are required to answer the questions listed below and also found on page 170 in the course textbook, Leading Out Loud, by Terry Pearce. This assignment requires significant self-reflection. Each answer shall be 2-3 paragraphs in length. Be sure to incorporate the important elements found in Chapters 1-8 in your answers.
• As a leader, what inspires you to make a change?
• What specific actions for change can you take personally regardless of what others may do that is significant enough to inspire them?
• What specific actions can you ask of others to give them a way to engage immediately?
• How can you involve others in your vision for change?
Questions from page 170:
• Organizational and Personal Steps Toward Change
What steps does the organization need to take effect the change?
What is the strength of my personal commitment?
What specific action am I taking personally regardless of what others may do that is significant enough to inspire them?
• Involving Others—Asking for Commitment
What specific actions am I going to ask of others to give them a way to engage immediately?
How can I involve others?
What can I ask that will give others the chance and the impetus to participate?