Public Speaking TED Talk
Speaking publicly doesn’t come easy to most people. Many people shy away from any engagement where they have to be the center of attention. However, many people have powerful messages to share. Therefore, it’s good to fight the fears of public speaking so others can benefit from your knowledge. Like most everything you learned in this class, practice makes perfect.
Watch the following TED Talk titled “Why I Live in Mortal Dread of Public Speaking” by Megan Washington:
After you watch the presentation write a report that addresses the following questions:
1. What did you learn from her talk?
2. Do you think it took courage for her to overcome her fears? Explain.
3. How do you feel about public speaking?
4. What are ways in which you prepare yourself to speak publicly?
5. What positive self-talk can you give yourself before you speak or present publicly?